SUMMARY: 4/670 Crashes with Consult GDS Software Loaded

From: Steven T. Jaffe (stj@aml.COM)
Date: Fri Jul 10 1992 - 16:44:08 CDT

Original Message:

> I have a 4/670 running 4.1.2. When I boot the GENERIC
> kernel, everything runs fine.
> However, when I load device drivers to support SMD discs (I obtained the software
> from Sun Consulting) into the kernel, reboot the machine, and try to
> access the CDROM (/dev/sr0) the machine crashes with a memory alignment
> error. Sun Support says that I have an address overlap. Has anyone else seen
> such a problem?

Get version 1.4 of the consult GDS software!!!! It appears
that earlier versions have a conflict with the xt drive.

Special Thanks to: (Harri Parviainen) who gave me the above

Thanks to:
era@niwot.scd.ucar.EDU (Ed Arnold) (Keith S. Pickens)
Peter Kaldis <peter@Civil.Concordia.CA>
kalli!kevin@fourx.Aus.Sun.COM (Kevin Sheehan {Consulting Poster Child})

Steven Jaffe Phone: 1 609 896 3738
Samsung-Advanced Media Lab Fax: 1 609 896 3748
1009 Lenox Drive Internet:
Suite 207
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648