SUMMARY: sendmail 5.65c/IDA1.4.4 caused kernel data fault

From: Won-Soon Lau (
Date: Mon Aug 31 1992 - 02:37:57 CDT

Many thanks to the following sun-managers who has answered:
    arnold@mango.Synopsys.COM (Arnold de Leon)
    Kevin Elphinstone <>
    Rafi Sadowsky <>
    montjoy@thor.ece.uc.EDU (Robert Montjoy) (Rahul Dhesi)
    Christopher Davis <>

All of them pointed out the following paragraph in the INSTALL file came
with sendmail 5.65c:

This release tickles a bug on SUNs with 16 Mbytes or more running 4.1 SUNOS.
If your SUN starts crashes with a data fault, get patch
 Patch-ID# 100092-03
 Date: 27/July/90
 SunOS release: 4.1

I was igornant about this patch as I thought it only applied to the sun4c
architecture and not the sun4.

Won-Soon Lau

VLSI DESIGN & CAD LABORATORY          \  Internet:
Dept of Electrical Engineering         \  Bitnet:  ENGP2065@NUSVM.bitnet
National University of Singapore        \  Phone:  (+65) 772 6319
10, Kent Ridge Crescent. Singapore 0511. \______________________________