Re: SUMMARY: NFS mounting /var/spool/mail && file locking

From: Jack Bryans (
Date: Wed Sep 30 1992 - 17:30:51 CDT

How do those using a shared mail spool mount it? We've had few problems
w/hard mount for the past two years, but a recent network glitch equivalent
to yanking the ethernet cable from the back of our mail server was a
disaster for the entire net, what w/comsat leaving most users thinking the
machine was hung up. A ton of abandoned processes left idle machines w/load
levels of 8 and more.

So, how do you mount your mail spool -- soft, intr, or what?