SUMMARY: How to setup nickname host?

From: Kee Koon Chua (
Date: Tue Dec 22 1992 - 02:35:29 CST

Greetings Sun Managers,

I got a few different responses for this questions. Some says that I need to
have the following lines in my file:

while some says that I need to have:

I've tried both and they doesn't seems to work.

There was a response by which says:

>This is not a sendmail configuration problem, it is a DNS problem.
>You need to specify both hostnames as being mail exchangers (MX
>records) in your domain info files.

I didn't have a chance to try it because the guy in charge of DNS host is gone
for the holidays.

Currently, the quick and dirty solution that I used is to setup a rewrite rule
"" mailer so that any mail going to "desert" will be rewritten to
"desert-gw". It seems to work although this is just a temporary solution.
Anyway, I would like to thank the following people who responsed:

Please let me know if I left your name out of this list.

Have a happy holiday,
Kee Chua