SUMMARY: Unplumbing interface associated with machine name

Thien Vu thien at ucdata.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Nov 2 21:12:02 EST 2001

Hi all,

I got great advise from:

Steven Ozoa
Chris Cariffe
Mike Salehi
Wesley Suess

I went ahead and ran:
	$ ifconfig hme0 unplumb
	$ rm /etc/hostname.hme0

And everything's working beautifully now! There were several suggestions
to 'ifconfig hme0 down' but I *really* needed to get the interface to
disappear and routes to be updated, and bringing the interface 'down'
instead of 'unplumb' doesn't update the routes.

The original posting is below.

Thien