SUMMARY: stop+a from pc console

spariy at ibs.ru spariy at ibs.ru
Tue Nov 13 03:19:05 EST 2001

Thanks to
Casper Dik
UnixAdmin
M.Lambrechts at pcmuitgevers.nl
Ozgur C. Demir
Gallagher, James
Tony Walsh
daniel.wilkinson at cgey.com
matthew.hannigan at nl.abnamro.com
Carl Marino
Steve Mickeler
Vanja Hrustic
Jonathan Jackson
Jacob Ritorto
boss

SOLUTION
I should send escape sequence and then from the telnet session type 'send
brk'. Escape character (usually ctrl+] ) I can see from login prompt. For
example:

e3500#telnet 10.1.30.6 2005
Trying 10.1.30.6...
Connected to 10.1.30.6.
Escape character is '^]'.
                            ^^^^^  escape sequence
ntdsun console login:
<<  I should type ctrl + ]  >>
telnet> send brk
Type  'go' to resume
Type  help  for more information
ok
If I use telnet from one Sun server to another it's work ok.
But if I use WinNT 4.0 telnet client I can't see escape character.

e3500#telnet 10.1.30.6 2005
Trying 10.1.30.6...
Connected to 10.1.30.6.
ntdsun console login: