SUMMARY: Funny things happening with Swap

Johnston Mark mark.johnston at xmedia.ch
Wed Nov 14 09:27:21 EST 2001

Hi all,

I got many replies (thanks) and there seem to be 2 prodominant solutions:

1)	Many thought that it could be a process that was dumping a large
file to tmp and using all the available space.
2)	Some thought that it could be an operating system fault with a swap
space larger than two gigs.

I have been monitoring the system for the last few days using top and lsof.
The bad news is, as of yet I haven't found the problem. The system hasn't
given me any further troubles since sending that mail. "Murphy's law" !!!

Thanks
Mark