SUMMARY: ifconfig on Solaris 8

UnixAdmin sunixadm at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 01:52:34 EST 2002

Hi Managers,

I received quite a few answers/suggestions regarding
my issue with ifconfig.  I would like to thanks all
who responded and a special thanks goes to Fabrice
Guerini, who suggested changing my entry in
/etc/netmasks from 10.192.2.0 to 10.192.0.0.  I did
this and the correct broadcast address displays after
a reboot.  The other answers/suggestions worked but,
none held after the reboot which I contribute to the
entry in the netmasks.  What's strange is that the
entry for my primary network isn't xxxx.xxxx.0.0 but
xxxx.xxxx.xxx.0 and the broadcast is still correct
with a netmask of 255.255.248.0.

Below are the responses I received as well as my