SUMMARY: Help: "boot -s" not working after getting "Error opening PAM libraries"

Canhui (Sam) Ou canhuiou at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 18:44:03 EDT 2003

I changed root's home directory to something not on the / partition and now I
can't log in.

Here is the steps to change things back:
1. Put the Sol 8 boot disk in your cdrom;
2. stop-A, boot cdrom -s;
3. mount root drive to /a;
4. edit /a/etc/passwd to change root's directory to /;
5. reboot.

Thanks to
  Eric Paul
  Aaron M. Hirsch