Alfredo Sola klk at intelideas.com
Wed Jun 30 07:15:07 EDT 2004

   Hi,

   I wanted to boot Solaris 8 or 9 off the net, using a Linux as a boot
server.

   What I found out is that, while this is almost trivial to do with
Linux, it's almost impossible to do with Solaris unless you have another
box of the same arch nearby where you can follow the book instructions
(add_install_server et al).

    So I ended up shipping the server back to my office, hooking up a CD
and booting off CD. This is the solution that most people recommended,
and now I see it is for a good reason!. Now I have to fix a corrupt
label (thanks, Debian) but that is another story.

   Thanks to everyone for informative and even encouraging mails!

--
Alfredo Sola
ASP5-RIPE