SUMMARY: Upgrading to Solaris 8 64bit

Colin Haffenden Chaffend at msxi-euro.com
Wed Jun 30 08:02:25 EDT 2004

Thanks to Adrian Cole who sent me this document....

Original question...

Hi All,

I have a server installed as 32bit

(# isainfo -kv
32-bit sparc kernel modules)

Is it possible to upgrade to 64 bit by just adding the packages?

If so which ones should I add?

Regards,
Colin.

This Message has been Checked at MSXI for all known Viruses.
You open this at your own risk. Please make sure all replies are
also virus free.
Also we do not accept or send Attachments of the type .exe, .vbs,
scr, or .bat due to the virus risk they can contain. These types of
attachments will be stripped from the message.

MSXI

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name of Boot faq.doc]