[SUMMARY] MOVE USER ACCOUNTS

Stephanie C stepchung at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 13:01:53 EST 2006

Thanks to the following Experts:

Richard Skelton, Daniel Jaime Rattey, femi bolaji, Christopher McNabb, Drew
Schatt, Fabio Andres Miranda, Paul Sagneri, Harvey Wamboldt, Joon Martin
Hansen, Christopher McNabb.

Sorry if I missed your name on my thank you list.

My Questions:

> I am totally new with Solaris. Please show me the
 > procedure or process to move all user accounts from one

 > server to another server. Both servers are Solaris

 > 8. Thanks for your help.

Solution:

Most of you recommend to move the following files to new host

/etc/passwd
/etc/shadow
/etc/group

/home/*

Femi suggests to move the following files too. I am not sure about this.
Suggestion?

4 /etc/user_attr
5 /etc/security/auth_attr
6 /etc/security/exec_attr