SUMMARY: Q? How can I trick Solaris 10 SXCR nv51 to report back "5.10" instead of "5.11" (needed by Veritas) ...

Noel Milton Vega nmvega at ComputingArchitects.Com
Sun Nov 12 19:53:45 EST 2006

Solved... thanks to the 2 suggestions below...

E xcellent simple suggestion by Dan Foster (via comp.unix.solaris):
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/jonh/20050321#it_s_been_a_long

Excellent (more geneleral) Suggestion by Logan Shaw (via comp.unix.solaris):
How about using a library interposer?

http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/lib_interposers.html

I believe you should be able to wrap sysinfo() or whatever with
your own version and make it return what you want.

  _____