Dell monitor with Ultra30

Dhotre, Shekhar Shekhar.Dhotre at t-t.com
Wed Oct 3 10:53:44 EDT 2001

Hi all,
    I got ultra30 with Dell (model 1701FP), which was working fine till
yesterday.
    I tried to add another disk. Since then Dell monitor is not coming up
(shows umber light)
 I did following:
Added disk 1
    Probe-scsi
Probe-scsi-all
    At ok prompt I see 2 disks (hdisk0 & 1)
    While performing above procedure, somehow dell monitor went off.
I connected to system via serial (RS232) cable------ laptop- ---windows
--HyperTerminal.
   I physically removed second added disk and enabled diag switch from ok :
did
ok: setenv diag-switc? =  true
ok:reset .
I don't see any problems while diag runs.
  After 2 -3 resets Dell monitor started working again.
  When I connected second disk, again it went off.
I am able to boot system when I use one disk. And can perform all regular
tasks through HyperTerminal, since monitor is not working I am not able to
install oracle /web logic  and all other apps which requires GUI . Am I
missing something?

Thanks .
SD.