Solaris cachefs

Eric Horne eric.horne at std.teradyne.com
Tue Oct 16 12:45:14 EDT 2001

Anyone out there using 'cachefs' for read-mostly kinds of partitions?

I was wondering what the break-even hit ratio is for a cachefs system.
In other words, does anyone have an opinion on what indicated hit ratio
for a cachefs is the point at which it would be better to just run NFS?
Currently, we are running cachefs on a read-mostly partition, but are
seeing around 80% hit ratio -- not all that spectacular, but is it
better than just straight NFS in terms of performance?

Thanks everyone -- I'll summarize if there is interest.

-Eric