Patches and Jumpstart Server

Mohammed Shaghel mshaghel at qualcomm.com
Thu Oct 18 12:46:43 EDT 2001

I have a Jumpstart server made with the Solaris 8 6/00 disks.

I just downloaded the current patches from Sun.

Is there a way that I can add these patches to the jumpstart image
so that any new system installed using this image will be up to date.

The patches that I downloaded have a 'install_cluster' script that
installs all the patches using the 'patchorder' file.

Can I just add the patches to the /jumpstart/Solaris8/patches directory
and then run the 'install_cluster' script thru the jumpstart finish
scripts.

Appreciate any info.
Will summarise.

Thanks