Automounter warnings

dave.campbell at vf.vodafone.co.uk dave.campbell at vf.vodafone.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 04:15:36 EDT 2001

I have a curious problem with the automounter on a Solaris 7 box. Every time
a user logs in and dtfile the following message is written to the messages
file:

Oct 18 11:52:35 xxxxxx automountd[549]: Mount of /export/home/.!dttestuser
on /
home/.!dttestuser: No such file or directory

I have logged a problem with SUN, however they have been unable, so far, to
get to the bottom it. It has been rumbling on for a while, therefore I'm
keen to try and get it sorted out as soon as possible. So far SUN have
suggested making mods to the dtfile.dt file in /etc/dt/appconfig/types/C/ as
follows:

DATA_CRITERIA SLASH-HOME_FOLDER2
{
        DATA_ATTRIBUTES_NAME    SLASH-HOME_FOLDER
        MODE            d
        PATH_PATTERN    /home
}

DATA_CRITERIA SLASH-HOME_FOLDER3
{
        DATA_ATTRIBUTES_NAME    SLASH-HOME_FOLDER
        MODE            d
        PATH_PATTERN    /home/*/..
}

DATA_CRITERIA SLASH-HOME_FOLDER4
{
        DATA_ATTRIBUTES_NAME    SLASH-HOME_FOLDER
        MODE            d
        PATH_PATTERN    /home/.
}

However I am still getting the problem. Has anyone seen this type of problem
before and knows what to do to correct it?

Regards,
Dave.