Mark Hargrave hargrme at wisdom.maf.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 30 11:45:41 EST 2001

Resolution:
----------

I configured the system to boot a 32-bit kernel"

/usr/sbin/eeprom boot-file="kernel/unix"
touch /reconfigure
reboot

Thanks to all who responded!

Original problem:
----------------

I've recently upgraded our E450 from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 2.8.
I was also running SunLink SNA Peer to Peer 9.1.

After the upgrade I'm getting the following error when starting
the SNA software:

/dev/ksyms is not a 32-bit kernel namelist

I'm running in 64-bit mode.

The software never starts.

Any ideas on how to correct this problem?  Do I need to bootup
in 32-bit mode?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Hargrave, Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Co. - Michoud Operations
New Orleans, LA

E-Mail: hargrme at wisdom.maf.nasa.gov