V440 - Internal GigaSwift Interfaces have same MAC address !

Paul Porcelli Paul.Porcelli at aggreko.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 05:58:28 EDT 2004

Hi folks,
I have a V440 which comes with two GigaSwift ethernet
interfaces built in.

First card is connected to network and working fine.
When I try to add the second card, it appears to have the
same Mac Adress !! These should be unique.

Any ideas what the problem is and how to resolve it.
Without a reboot if possible !!

Thanks a lot.

# grep network /etc/path_to_inst
"/pci at 1c,600000/network at 2" 0 "ce"
"/pci at 1f,700000/network at 1" 1 "ce"

# ifconfig ce1 plumb
# ifconfig -a
lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
ce0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
        inet 10.44.4.245 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.44.4.255
        ether 0:3:ba:56:42:8d
ce1: flags=1000842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 8
        inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0
        ether 0:3:ba:56:42:8d

==
Paul Porcelli

Visit us at http://www.aggreko.com

Confidentiality Notice:  This communication and any accompanying attachments
contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and
purpose.  This communication is private and protected by law.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby respectfully notified that any
disclosures, copying, forwarding or distribution, or the taking of any action
based on the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited.