SUMMARY: NIS map transfer problems

McIntosh Alan-R54071 alan at motorola.com
Thu Apr 8 18:56:18 EDT 2004

Thanks for the input from Jerry Kemp, Richard Felkins, Darren Dunham and
about a dozen folks lucky enough to be out of the office!

As it turns out, this domain(which is prehistoric) utilizes a wrapper script for
ypxfr to pull maps from the appropriate master(there are two).  When an
update of some support scripts was installed on each of the slaves several
weeks back, it wiped out the wrapper script and replaced it with a new copy
of ypxfr.

After reinstalling the wrapper script, everyone is happy again(especially me!).

- Alan