patchadd writing to the wrong directory

Murray Robert-rmurra01 robertmurray at motorola.com
Fri Apr 16 10:13:54 EDT 2004

Hi
I'm trying to patch a Centrally Stored Forte Compiler
We have NFS links from
/opt/SUNWspro -> /fileserver/Forte.new/SUNWspro
/opt/SUNWste -> /fileserver/Forte.new/SUNWste

we apply the patch... patchadd /var/111678-17   and /var/111685-20
It applies successfully

But when we check the /fileserver/Forte.new/SUNWspro directory no files have been updated

Unfortunatley

when we check the /fileserver/Forte.OLD/SUNWspro directory files HAVE been updated

As a result we have upset a lot of development work by inadvertently patching the wrong compiler.

any suggestions would be very welcome!

rgds
rob