max mtu for gig-e

Kris Briscoe krisb at tti-telecom.com
Tue Apr 20 17:11:11 EDT 2004

Does anyone know the maximum or recommended MTU for a Sun gigaswift network
card?  I've read in a couple of places that the Sun cards do not support
frames larger than 1500.  Is that correct?  I was going to push mine to 9000
if it's possible.   Ifconfig complains that it's an invalid argument.

Thoughts,

Kris

Kristopher Briscoe

UNIX Systems Engineer

CQM / ClearCase

TTI Telecom

Atlanta, Ga

Mobile 404.353.3223

Office 770.206.4749

MSN krisbriscoe at hotmail.com

 <mailto:krisb at tti-telecom.com> krisb at tti-telecom.com

 <http://www.tti-telecom.com/> www.tti-telecom.com

Information in this e-mail and its attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. This e-mail is for the exclusive use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not one of the intended recipients, you are hereby
informed that any use, disclosure, distribution, and/or copying of this
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in
error, please inform the sender and then delete it from your system
immediately. Thank you.

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of Kris Briscoe.vcf]