Netra X1 jumpstart problem

Brian C. Hill bchill at bch.net
Sat Apr 24 20:02:37 EDT 2004

	Hello,

	I am trying to jumpstart a Netra X1 with an older Solaris 8
image. The system already has an installation loaded on it that runs,
but I want to reinstall to change the disk partitioning - the system
does work. I have updated the OBP, added the SUNWdmfe package and
applied about 25 patches to the install image. The boot hangs around
the point that the disk device disk configured.

ok boot net1 -sva
.
.
.
PCI-device: isa at 7, ebus0
su0 at ebus0: offset 0,3f8
su0 is /pci at 1f,0/isa at 7/serial at 0,3f8
su1 at ebus0: offset 0,2e8
su1 is /pci at 1f,0/isa at 7/serial at 0,2e8
cpu0: UltraSPARC-IIe (portid 0 impl 0x13 ver 0x14 clock 500 MHz)
Configuring /dev and /devices
pseudo-device: devinfo0
devinfo0 is /pseudo/devinfo at 0
PCI-device: ide at d, uata0
uata0 is /pci at 1f,0/ide at d
(hangs)

Does anyone have any clue what's going on?

Brian