solution on locale probles using iplanet.

Kanellopoulos Angelos ASKanell at athens2004.com
Fri Mar 12 11:43:12 EST 2004

Thank you all for your replies.
Special thanks to Erik Ham who gave me the solution and Singh Kuldeep for
spending lots of time figuring whats the problem.
Solaris 9 has en_US.UTF-8 locale as an optional locale so you need to install
the packages as the following page describes, if you are facing problems with
the specified locale.
Thanks again all of you guys.
http://developers.sun.com/dev/gadc/techtips/sol9_locale_pkgs/

	Hello solaris-guru's
	I have a problem while starting an iplanet web-server instance. I get the
	error " Could't set locale correctly" and the application is malfunctioning.
	The application part needs en_US.UTF-8 installed in the system. I checked
	under /lib/locale/ and the fonts weren't there but they were under
	/usr/openwin/lib/locale, so i copied them over to /lib/locale but it didnt
	work.
	Does anybody has any idea how can i set the path for locale in Iplanet or if
	that's not the problem how can i fix it ?
	thank you .

	Angelos Kanellopoulos
	Unix administrator
	Tel: 210-3446275
	<<ole0.bmp>>

	[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type image/bmp which had a name of
ole0.bmp]