Solaris 10 x86 / PXE / DHCP

Andrew Hall halla3 at corp.earthlink.net
Mon Jun 6 17:10:24 EDT 2005

Greetings,

I am trying to setup a Solaris 8 server to be a PXE/DHCP server using
the dhcp admin guide from http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/806-5529/,
and I believe something is busted on my server in a bad way.

I get errors on the first two steps, enabling the dhcp server and trying
to add a module.

bash-2.03# /usr/sbin/dhcpconfig -U
Unconfigure will stop the DHCP service and remove the DHCP configuration
file.
Are you SURE you want to unconfigure the DHCP service? ([Y]/N): y
DHCP server not running.
Deleted the DHCP configuration file.
bash-2.03# /usr/sbin/dhcpconfig -D -r SUNWfiles -p /var/dhcp
Created DHCP configuration file.
Dhcptab already exists.
dhcpconfig: Error - creating server macro for server
java.lang.NullPointerException. jumpstart
bash-2.03# dhtadm -A -s SinstNM -d jumpstart
SIGBUS 10 bus error
     si_signo [10]: BUS
     si_errno [0]:
     si_code [1]: BUS_ADRALN [addr: 0xa9]

         stackpointer=FFBEE808
"Finalizer" (TID:0x150580, sys_thread_t:0x1504b8, state:CW, thread_t:
t at 6, threadID:0xfe861d98, stack_bottom:0xfe861d98, stack_size:0x1fd98)
prio=8

^C
bash-2.03#

The server name is 'jumpstart' and is in /etc/hosts, as well resovles DNS.

Any suggestions would be appreicates.

Drew