Reg Two processors

aditya iyer cynosure_7410 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 03:22:12 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I am using a Sun Fire V 280 with Sol 5.8 as the OS.
The machine has 2 processors. Can I configure the
processors to be in a master and standy mode. i.e one
processor taking the load and when this fails for some
reason the other one will take the process or may be
the load split as 50 % to each processor so that even
if one fails the other one can handle the whole
process.

Can this be done. Is it on the OS level or HW level.

With Regards
Aditya
http://mail.yahoo.com