Strange DL_ERROR_ACK message on Sol x86 system

Ken Rossman rossman at columbia.edu
Mon Jun 27 16:54:29 EDT 2005

I am getting the following messages, repeating regularly, on the console
of a Solaris x86 machine here, running Solaris 7:

   ip_rput: DL_ERROR_ACK for 30, errno 20, unix 0

errno 20 is an ENOTDIR (or "Not a directory"), which suggests to me that
there is a named object being accessed that is expected to be a
directory
but is not.

I am a bit baffled by this message...  most Google references that are
returned point at a token ring interface error, but there is no token
ring on this machine.

The trail has gone cold at this point - I am not sure where to look next
for an answer to this issue.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Thanks,
Ken