Configure multipathing in 3510 with V440

Baby David baby.david at celstream.com
Tue Jun 28 09:29:29 EDT 2005

Hi,
      I am in a task of configuring SunFire V440 with Sun StorEdge 3510(12 x
146GB). The 3510 has duel controller is connected to V440 with duel fiber
channel card.

 In 3510 I have created two logical disk each with raid 5( 5 disk + 1
spare). First logical disk I assigned to primary controller. Second logical
disk I assigned to Secondary controller and mapped accordingly.

I wanted to achieve multipathing for that I edit /kernel/drv/scsi_vhci.conf
and set "mpxio-disable="no";  After this change, I am getting common
controller name for the two logical disks through format command. I have
created file system and mounted. It is working fine.

But when I remove primary FCAL channel cable from primary controller. The
logical disk connected to the primary channel, I could not access it .
When I remove secondary FCAL channel cable from secondary controller. The
logical disk connected to secondary channel, I could not access

ie multipathing is not happening.

Can any one suggest me, how to configure multipathing in 3510 array with
V440

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards
David