Precaution before Reboot

Joe Crawford abjcrawford at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 08:13:27 EST 2006

Team:

We rebooted a sunfire 880 yesterday and it took
another 12 hours to bring it up..'coz when the machine
came back after the reboot at the OK prompt it could
not even do a probe-scsi-all(just  showed one disk,
not even the boot disk..we then had to tAke it boot
via cdrom and rebuild the rootdisk and rootmir etc..I
wanted to ask the experts what would be some good
practice to do before rebooting server. I mean what
files/commands we can check before rebooting.

Thanks

Joe
http://mail.yahoo.com