HyperTerminal Issues

Sara SaiMohan sarasai at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 2 23:17:41 EDT 2006

I have a SunFire 280R, strangely after a reboot of the server it keeps
hanging at the point where it asks to press "CTRL+d" or root password for
maintenance. Doing either doesn't seem to push it any further. It just stops
responding after the message. I am using the HyperTerminal to connect to the
server to bring it up.

When I use the Serial Management port and use HyperTerminal, I keep getting
junk Characters.

9600/8/none/1/none are the Data Settings for the HyperTerminal.

Can anyone suggest alternatives, to get this server up and running.

Thank you
~SM