v240 spare

Dave_Pigliavento at mapinfo.com Dave_Pigliavento at mapinfo.com
Tue Oct 3 16:08:06 EDT 2006

We are looking to remove a number of SunFire v240's from our maintenance
contract and purchase a new v240 to act as a spare in the event of a
failure. If I took the drives from a v240 purchased over 2 years ago and
put them into a new v240 would the system boot without an issue? I guess
the question is are there any hardware changes within the SunFire v240
from year to year that would prevent me from doing this? Would booting
with the reconfigure option be sufficient to address any hardware
differences if there where any? Is anyone currently doing anything
similar?

Thanks,
Dave