USB-Serial Adaptor

Andreas Höschler ahoesch at smartsoft.de
Wed Oct 4 08:25:43 EDT 2006

Hi all,

we need 4 serial port on a SunFire 240. We googled and found that the
Quatech QSU-100 USB-Serial Adaptor is supposed to work under Solaris.
We ordered such a device (had to wait 8 weeks), finally got a QSU2-100
and plugged it to an USB-port of a T2000 and a Ultra 20. We expected to
see something popping up under /dev but we saw nothing that hadn't been
there before.

Has anybody experience using such a device? Which are the device names
we have to look for? We are using Solaris 10. Is a driver to be
installed to make this work?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

   Andreas