metadb: <hostname>: has bad master block on device

Bob wick at airmail.net
Thu Oct 5 12:00:41 EDT 2006

I'm getting this error when I try to add a drive to a multi-host
diskset.  It appears that the command it reformating the disk, creating a
partition starting at 0 on slice 7 of about 18MB in size and the rest of
the space in slice 0, wiping out slice 2 completely.  I'm assuming that
the error message is coming from the lack of slice 2 on the drive maybe?
I googled this error and found no meat that I could use.  Anyone know how
I can solve this issue?