Alan Davis adavis at ruckus.com
Wed Oct 18 10:48:23 EDT 2006

Several people responded to the effect that "it shouldn't do that" and
pointed me towards the ALOM manuals - thanks to everyone who responded.

On further testing - with the other admin /not/ working on the server at
the same time - I see that the behavior I was seeing was a result of too
many cooks in the kitchen.

The serial management port is behaving as I'd expected with full access
to the server during state transitions.

----------------------
Original message edited for brevity

I've got the serial port talking correctly to the Lantronix console
server.

The problem is that when I go from runlevel 3 to single-user the
console-login is disabled by SMF.
----
Alan Davis
Senior Architect