T2000: Poor Network Performance

Rob Brown Rob.Brown at ioko.com
Wed Oct 18 11:09:44 EDT 2006

Hello All,

We've got a handful of T2000 system at different customer sites, that
seem to be exhibiting a common problem.  We are fairly sure they've
always performed like this.

The T2000 network performance seems to be very poor.  By that I mean I
can ftp one large file from my PC to an Ultra 10 at almost 100Mb second,
but the same test to the various T2000's seems to yield only 25Mb.

Yes.  It's is set to 100m full duplex.

We have both Solaris 10 0606 and Solaris 10 0106.

Kind Regards

rob brown

ioko

1, Innovation Close,
Science Park,
Heslington
Yorkshire YO10 5ZD

* rob.brown at ioko.com <BLOCKED::mailto:rob.brown at ioko.com>

* 01904 438 000

* 07769 711 885

Communications on or through ioko's computer systems may be monitored or
recorded to secure effective system operation and for other lawful purposes.

Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing, this communication is to be
treated as confidential and the information in it may not be used or disclosed
except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you have reason to
believe that you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please
contact the sender immediately. No employee is authorised to conclude any
binding agreement on behalf of ioko with another party by e-mail without prior
express written confirmation.

ioko365 Ltd.  VAT reg 656 2443 31. Reg no 3048367. All rights reserved.