Would anyone be interested in tzdata-2007"c" packages for Solaris 2.5.1, 2.6 and 2.7?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Mar 5 12:46:03 EST 2007

First off, I see several people mentioning the Terix DST patches with
tzdata-2007"a" (which matches the tzdata release Sun created for 8, 9
and 10).  I'm interested getting feedback on those working for anyone?
I know they don't include any libC patch, but everyone should be using
Zoneinfo paths by now anyway, right?  ;)

Secondly, with a few, minor, US DST-related, last second changes (like
those for Bermuda, Canada, etc...), I've gone ahead and created my own
tzdata-2007"c" package (Xtzdata, not a patch though) for Solaris 2.5.1,
2.6 and 2.7.  It is a single, stream package file (i.e., single
"tzdata-2007c-sparc-2.5.1" file), built with (as close to as I could
find at my current client) stock releases (although no guarantees on the
patch level, possibly newer tzcode), with no extra zic compilation
features added.

Would anyone be interested in these?  Or do the Terix DST patches seem
to be sufficient?  I'm also asking because it's always good to have
additional testers for verification.

--
Bryan J. Smith         Professional, Technical Annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com