280R controllers changing arbitrarily

Grant Lowe glowe at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 23 09:55:52 EST 2007

Hi All.

I need a really fast answer with this, if possible.  I have a 280R with Solaris 8.  It has an A1000 attached.  When we install the OS, with the A1000 powered on, when it gets to the OS install, it thinks that the two internal drives are on controller 2 (c20t0d0) and the A1000 is on controller 1,  But if we power the array off, then they go back to controller 1 the way it should be and the A1000 goes to controller 4.  I've never seen this before.  Anybody have any ideas to check?