LDAP Directory Server 6.3 Client File

Matt_Murdock at amat.com Matt_Murdock at amat.com
Tue Nov 4 14:10:35 EST 2008

I am about one or two files away from finally getting this thing setup and
running. When I boot my Solars 10 Client, it reports back errors in the
/var/ldap/ldap_client_file (the actuall name of the file). Here is the
contents.
       I do not have any Client Machine Profiles created on the server
either (dont know how to create those), I only want to use LDAP for
username and password authentication (a replacement for NIS).
NS_LDAP_FILE_VERSION= 2.0
NS_LDAP_SERVERS= 10.44.255.12
NS_LDAP_SEARCH_BASEDN= dc=slc,dc=amat,dc=com
NS_LDAP_SEARCH_REF= FALSE
NS_LDAP_SEARCH_SCOPE= one
NS_LDAP_SEARCH_TIME= 60
NS_LDAP_CACHETTL= 43200
NS_LDAP_PROFILE= sun NS_LDAP_CREDENTIAL_LEVEL= anonymous
NS_LDAP_BIND_TIME= 20

Matthew Murdock
Server Systems Admin III
Applied Materials
5245 W. Yeager Rd. Suite #100
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
(801) 736-3340
Applied Direct Dial - 63340
The content of this message is Applied Materials Confidential.  If you are
not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, any use
or distribution is prohibited.  Please notify me immediately by reply
e-mail and delete this message from your computer system.  Thank you.

Save paper and trees!  Please consider the environment before printing this
e-mail.