T3 disk array rebuild failed

men duffy mccux1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 8 09:33:27 EDT 2009

We have one T3 disk array connect to SUN server (Solaris 8).  One of disk is
bad, I replace same type of disk (with same version of firmware).  It still
show disable.  I check log files on T3 and SUN and found there has read error
on another disk ("fru stat" still show enable).

Due to this T3 disk array does NOT have hot spare, if I replace second disk
whole disk array will crash.

Does there has other way to fix problem?